Interested in getting involved? Get in touch, we’ll tell you more.
What’s involved when registering as a volunteer mentor?
Volunteer Mentors are integral to the success of each CoderDojo session. All it takes is a few hours of your time over a few Fridays. If you’re bringing your child anyway, it’s even easier. Mentors should ideally possess:
- The willingness to create and deliver content passionately and interactively
- A desire to encourage kids to take an interest in coding
- An ability to think on your feet – kids can ask some very interesting and challenging questions.
Anyone can be a mentor. You don’t need to be an expert in coding – all you need is a passion for helping kids learn. If you have an interest in coding, technology and programming, that’s a bonus!
The mentors’ role is to:
- Guide and assist participants
- Let us know of any suitable and interesting guest speakers
- Provide feedback and input into format and content
- Spread the word to encourage others to become volunteer mentors.